Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mommy Survey

My sister challenged me to do this "Mommy Survey" and it was really fun. Any moms passing through my blog should definitely try it. Mikey's only eight months and it was fun to think back on the day he came into our lives. Here goes...
(I wish I could put more pictures, but it would take all day. We were really lucky to have our families there helping out...those pictures can be saved for another day.)

Lovely labor shot...just waiting for Mikey!

He's here!

Loving him immediately


Mommy and Mikey


Daddy and Mikey


Coming home

Sleeping at home

1. Age(s)? 8 months

2. Name(s)? Michael Jeffrey Creel

3. Birthday(s)? May 31, 2007

4. Time(s) of birth? 1:46 p.m.

5. How long did labor last? I had a slow leak...so after that started, 31 hours. After the contractions were 5 minutes apart, 22 hours.

6. Who was in the room when baby was born? Michael, my mom, a couple nurses and the doctor.

7. How long did you push? In the hospital I was in, they don't break your water for you. So after I felt the urge to push, I had to push for 1/2 an hour to break the water and then 10 more to get Mikey out.

8. Weight? 6 pounds 11 ounces

9. Length? 19.5 inches

10. Any hair? Yes, he had some dark brown hair.


11. Who does baby look like? At first sight, he looks like a clone of his daddy, but we're starting to notice a little bit of mixed looks in him now.


12. Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant? I was really sick during my pregnancy and so I only gained 20 pounds.

13. Was the baby early or late? I went into labor on his due date but had him a day late.

14. Who drove you home from the hospital? Michael

15. How many baby showers did you have? Two. My sister-in-law Alyson threw me a shower and then my Turley side of the family had a shower for my sister and I in Salt Lake even though we couldn't be there. How nice!

16. When did baby start sleeping through the night? He started sleeping through the night around 6 months but he still has days where he forgets he ever knew how and it drives me crazy!

17. Did you breastfeed? Yup...still going. It's great!

18. Who takes care of your baby/kids the most? Me, but he's all daddy's when he comes home from work or is home for the weekend.

19. When do you want to have another one? We haven't decided on a concrete time-frame, but we want a baby to arrive when Mikey is between two and three. We'll see if we last that long though. Mikey is already growing up and somedays I get baby hungry. I said SOME days, so don't get too excited, grandmas.

20. How did you pick the name(s)? Well, Michael, obviously is Michael's name. But it's also Michael's dad's name. Jeffrey is my dad's name. So we named him after his grandpas. Michael also likes to mention that Michael Jeffrey is Michael Jordan's full name...but that's not the reason we picked it.

21. How did you know when it was time to go to the hospital? I didn't really. I thought I was leaking something the morning of my due date. But I wasn't sure. I had a doctor's appointment that night anyway, so I just went about my day as if I wasn't in labor. Michael had a couple finals and final projects that he had to finish up. Around four in the afternoon my contractions were pretty painful and close together, but we had to go to campus and turn some stuff in for Michael. We went to the doctor appointment and they tested the fluids and said I wasn't in labor but to try at the hospital. Lucky for us we were all packed a couple months in advance, because we got to the hospital and they said I was in labor. By then the contractions were killing me, so I knew. It just took me a while to catch on : )

22. Anyone spend the night with you the first night home? My parents were there and then Michael and Mikey.

23. Did you cry the first time you held your baby? Oh, definitely. I'm a sucker for this kid.

24. Where was the baby born? Lancaster, CA

25. Did you video tape the birth? No. I'm pretty camera shy from the waist down. We didn't get any pictures of it, either.

3 comments:

Nicole and Abe said...

I love the mommy survey!! I will do it on my blog too. Mikey was so little. It is crazy to look back. It was not that long ago, but seems so long. love you

Tiffany said...

love this post. so cute!

M said...

It was so fun to read this. It's so interesting to read other people's experiences with a new baby. I think I'm going to copy this and do it myself.
And I hear you about videotaping/taking photos of the birth. Yeah, that was not about to happen.