Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Posted by Creel Family at 6:39 PM
He had this rice crispie up his nose for a good while...he didn't even notice and I thought it looked hilarious!
Spread 'em, crook!
Posted by Creel Family at 6:29 PM
Posted by Creel Family at 6:11 PM
Sunday, January 27, 2008
June 23, 1910-January 27, 2008
There are no words to say...bittersweet...God Be With You Till We Meet Again
Posted by Creel Family at 8:34 PM
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Coming home Sleeping at home1. Age(s)? 8 months
2. Name(s)? Michael Jeffrey Creel
3. Birthday(s)? May 31, 2007
4. Time(s) of birth? 1:46 p.m.
5. How long did labor last? I had a slow leak...so after that started, 31 hours. After the contractions were 5 minutes apart, 22 hours.
6. Who was in the room when baby was born? Michael, my mom, a couple nurses and the doctor.
7. How long did you push? In the hospital I was in, they don't break your water for you. So after I felt the urge to push, I had to push for 1/2 an hour to break the water and then 10 more to get Mikey out.
8. Weight? 6 pounds 11 ounces
9. Length? 19.5 inches
10. Any hair? Yes, he had some dark brown hair.
11. Who does baby look like? At first sight, he looks like a clone of his daddy, but we're starting to notice a little bit of mixed looks in him now.
12. Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant? I was really sick during my pregnancy and so I only gained 20 pounds.
13. Was the baby early or late? I went into labor on his due date but had him a day late.
14. Who drove you home from the hospital? Michael
15. How many baby showers did you have? Two. My sister-in-law Alyson threw me a shower and then my Turley side of the family had a shower for my sister and I in Salt Lake even though we couldn't be there. How nice!
16. When did baby start sleeping through the night? He started sleeping through the night around 6 months but he still has days where he forgets he ever knew how and it drives me crazy!
17. Did you breastfeed? Yup...still going. It's great!
18. Who takes care of your baby/kids the most? Me, but he's all daddy's when he comes home from work or is home for the weekend.
19. When do you want to have another one? We haven't decided on a concrete time-frame, but we want a baby to arrive when Mikey is between two and three. We'll see if we last that long though. Mikey is already growing up and somedays I get baby hungry. I said SOME days, so don't get too excited, grandmas.
20. How did you pick the name(s)? Well, Michael, obviously is Michael's name. But it's also Michael's dad's name. Jeffrey is my dad's name. So we named him after his grandpas. Michael also likes to mention that Michael Jeffrey is Michael Jordan's full name...but that's not the reason we picked it.
21. How did you know when it was time to go to the hospital? I didn't really. I thought I was leaking something the morning of my due date. But I wasn't sure. I had a doctor's appointment that night anyway, so I just went about my day as if I wasn't in labor. Michael had a couple finals and final projects that he had to finish up. Around four in the afternoon my contractions were pretty painful and close together, but we had to go to campus and turn some stuff in for Michael. We went to the doctor appointment and they tested the fluids and said I wasn't in labor but to try at the hospital. Lucky for us we were all packed a couple months in advance, because we got to the hospital and they said I was in labor. By then the contractions were killing me, so I knew. It just took me a while to catch on : )
22. Anyone spend the night with you the first night home? My parents were there and then Michael and Mikey.
23. Did you cry the first time you held your baby? Oh, definitely. I'm a sucker for this kid.
24. Where was the baby born? Lancaster, CA
25. Did you video tape the birth? No. I'm pretty camera shy from the waist down. We didn't get any pictures of it, either.
Posted by Creel Family at 7:20 PM
Thursday, January 24, 2008
It all started Sunday when Michael said that we were having the missionaries over for dinner on Tuesday. We found out that they usually come at 5, and Michael doesn't get home until 5:45, so we needed to find them to make sure they set their appointments accordingly. We looked for them after sacrament and they were busy and then we got sucked into the social blackhole we call primary, and we didn't see them again. We figured they would call. Monday came and went, and no call. Tuesday, still no call. I get a call from Michael on his way home from work saying that the misisonaries weren't coming over that night. Really, I asked. Yes, he said, they are coming over tomorrow night. Why? I asked. He said, because that's the date he wrote on his calendar and he just read it wrong. I said that it was probably better because we had time to tell them to come at six. Well, that night they didn't call. Wednesday they called Michael, but it was too late. They had too many appointments and couldn't come at six. Michael said a missionary should never go without food, so he offered for them to pick up some food and take it home. So, I cooked dinner, put it on plates, opened the door for them that night, participated in some missionary small talk (they couldn't come in because Michael wasn't home) and sent them on their way. Before they left, I told them they could keep the plates. They gave me a wierd look and walked down the stairs. The thing about these plates is that we have been meaning to take them to Good Will. We don't want them anymore. We keep forgetting them when we go so they keep sitting in a box. Once in a while we have a church party to go to and one of them gets let out of the box. Knowing me, Michael decides to use the plates we don't want, because I will forget I brought a plate, and we will slowly lose the plates we actually like. True to form, I did forget the plates. So, whether we influence people here in Arizona or not, at least we left a red and white striped plate trail wherever we went.
Posted by Creel Family at 12:06 PM
This is video of him after his bath, which he was especially splashy for, about fifteen minutes after the puking episode. I don't think this kid is sick...what should I do?
(Pause my music at bottom of page to hear the video...)
Posted by Creel Family at 11:33 AM
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Posted by Creel Family at 12:45 PM
Friday, January 18, 2008
Posted by Creel Family at 8:05 AM
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
My friend, Tiffany, is really nice and lets me do laundry at her house once a week to save me from the smokey, quarter kind at our apartments. The other day, Mikey decided to repay her by spitting up all over himself and her living room. She graciously let him use some of her own son's clothes and he once again thought he'd thank her, but this time by pooping all over the new clothes. I felt really bad and Mikey thought he was getting a prize because he got a bath in her kitchen sink. Thanks, Tiffany. You are awesome!
We have a baby who drools more than you'd believe. Give him 30 seconds and his shirt is soaked through. On Sunday's, we don't want to spend the whole morning wiping his mouth to save his church clothes, so we usually just let him sit in his diaper. He loves it and would probably prefer it.
It was cold on Sunday though, so Michael suggested putting him in one of my pajama shirts so he wouldn't soak his clothes, but he'd stay warm. The results....hopefully he won't hold this against us someday : )
Posted by Creel Family at 12:01 PM
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
The past couple days Mikey has been more bored than ever! He won't play with any of his toys even. Just when I was on the verge of going crazy because I can't occupy my son's attention, he found the bathroom sink. Yep! He loves it. He even learned how to turn the lights off while sitting in the sink. Yesterday I think I spent a total of three hours in the bathroom with him. It was the only thing that made him happy. Today we are taking a break from the sink because he learned how to turn the water on. Any suggestions for a new game are appreciated!Turning the lights off Turning the water on (Makes him happy, but not me ;)
Posted by Creel Family at 9:53 AM
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
We pacify him with some water...he know how to hold his own bottle!
Here's some cute video of his newest trick. He figured out that he can make a cool noise when we jiggle his chin. (Pause my music at bottom of the blog to hear the video!)
Posted by Creel Family at 7:31 AM