Thursday, January 24, 2008

Calling All Moms!

So, pardon the graphic picture(and story to follow), but my son threw up today. And not normal spit up, he got over that months ago...but real barf. He's been doing this a lot lately and I am stumped as to why. He had just eaten lunch. He had one jar of baby food and a couple ounces (guessing) of applesauce. We were playing peek-a-boo, and he was laughing, and then he did this little cough thing....and projectile vomitting followed. I don't think it's the flu...look at him...he's really happy and doesn't seem sick at all. But, he has done this before. A few weeks ago he started doing the little cough and then gagging and spewing. It's only been a lot once before...most of the time it's just a little bit(content-wise). Sometimes I think maybe he ate too much, but he always eats what I give him. He seems hungry. Don't babies know when they are full and act disinterested? That's what I hear but I still fear the over-feeding option. I don't know what it is...and this puke is making me sick...and sad for my little boy. Any advice?


This is video of him after his bath, which he was especially splashy for, about fifteen minutes after the puking episode. I don't think this kid is sick...what should I do?

(Pause my music at bottom of page to hear the video...)


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

maybe try feeding him less and see if it solves the problem... if not, i'd guess it's the cough that's making him just gag... good luck! i'm glad my kids haven't been puking! you know me... my worst fear!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think that used to happen to Sy sometimes when he was a baby. Sometimes I think they don't know when to stop. It takes a good 15 minutes for their body to process what they've eaten and have their brain register it. So, feed him and then give him time for it to settle before seeing if he is still hungry. Which he may be. Or it might come in spurts when they have growth spurts they'll start eating significantly more. But try a little less food and see if that helps. The cough may be causing a gagging reflex. Oh man, sorry to hear that. That is non fun.

We need to plan a time to get together and let the kiddos play! Let me know :-)

The Over Family said...

Hey Tara, that's too bad about Mikey! I had to laugh when I saw that picture though...it looks like he has 2 front teeth! Talk to you later! :)

Love,
Andy