Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Joys Of Growing Up

I am sitting here listening to my child cry because he has learned to kneel up in his crib instead of nap. I keep going in and putting him down, but seconds later he is in a non-sleeping position. Earlier I listened to him whine because he is trying and trying but for the life of him cannot get anywhere on his own. Then there's the tears from falling down from trying to stand up or bumping his head on his new favorite table leg. I keep thinking...poor little guy. Growing up is hard sometimes. But then there's his pride-filled smiles on being able to stand up and get on his hands and knees and I realize that it's not all bad for him. When he gets discouraged I wish he could understand me because I want to tell him that growing up never ends. He better get used to the tears and the smiles. Because I am 24-years-old(I actually have to think how old I am) and I have a hard time sometimes because I actually crave the dollar-dates we used to have. Sometimes, just like him with the standing and sitting, I find myself doing the same thing day in and day out. But I get to spend my days with Mikey and my adorable husband(who is going through some growing pains himself) and that makes it all worth it. I look forward to growing up with my family around me. Aaahh....silence. My son is napping!

The table leg that he has learned to love....

Look mom...I'm almost crawling!

I'm standing!

I'm still standing!

I looked down and saw him sitting cross-legged(well, kind of) Sorry the picture stinks but I could tell he wouldn't sit like that for long : )

2 comments:

Nicole and Abe said...

I love baby Mikey, he is so cute! That is funny that he likes the table leg so much. I keep saying....I can't wait till Adeline can crawl and so on....but then again, I guess I can wait. Looks like it gets even harder once they start moving!

Kelsie said...

HEY I FOUND YOUR BLOG ON ONE OF MY FRIENDS. YOU HAVE A CUTE FAMILY. YOUR LITTLE GUY IS SUCH A CUTIE.