Wednesday, February 27, 2008

81 Degrees

Today, in lovely Mesa, Arizona, it was 81 degrees! It's only going to get hotter, so we took advantage and went on a walk to the park. Mikey loves going outside...it's actually the only thing that gets us through the day. Pretty soon the weather will be too hot to go outside...I try not to think about that...

Mikey hates sitting on the grass, but it's hard to find in Arizona, so we go there anyway. He likes watching the birds and people going by.

This is Mikey's friend Lance. They are only a couple weeks apart.

Mikey hates the way grass and sand feel on his hands and feet.

Mikey is pretty independent at times, especially at meal times. This is him eating his puffed wheat snacks at the coffee table...he gets more on his face than in his mouth.

I let him feed himself lunch. Until he used the wrong end of the spoon, it wasn't too bad.

Mikey watches tv in the morning. I apologize to mothers who don't agree with that, but, I think it's cute. He watches Hi-5 on TLC and HigleyTownHeros on Disney. He likes the songs. This is what he looks like every morning . I love this kid!

6 comments:

The Over Family said...

Hey Tara, little Mikey looks so cute! I can hardly wait to see him in a few weeks!!! :) Him and Elizabeth will have so much fun together...

Ashley said...

Man, I can't believe that it's 81 there. I only wish. We played outside forever today and I think it got up to 40. I remember last summer Thomas hated the grass, it was so silly to me, but by the end he got use to it. I did that look alike meter, and we were even, I do think Mikey looks more like you though. I like the celebrity look alike on that website too.

Nicole and Abe said...

I love little Mikey. Those are very cute pictures. I am jealous that it was 81 degrees there. It has been nice here, but not THAT nice. It was nice talking on the phone with you!!

Theurer Clan said...

81 degrees?!!! Holy smokes girl. That is amazing! I love the shot of Mikey's feet. Soo cute! So, what do you do to entertain Mikey all day? We are starting to run out of ideas. Looking out the window at our winter wonderland wishing we could go play in the grass is our latest game. Tana actually really loves it. I think it's great Mikey likes those shows. I can't get Tana to watch any movies or anything.

Jessica said...

Hey Tara! I love that you have a blog, it makes it so much easier to keep in touch. Mikey is such a cutie! I can't believe you have a kid now! Time flies. Adam and I are now in CA and still getting adjusted to our new lives and jobs down here. But I am loving the weather and the sunshine that we lacked in Seattle. I hope things are going well for you guys!

Bright Beginnings said...

He is just adorable. I am terrible at email, but I will try to email you. I seem to only have time for comments. My email is qtml822@hotmail.com if you want to get a hold of me. You have just a beautiful family!