Monday, March 2, 2009

Catch Up

Wow, wow, wow. I am a blogger slacker if there ever was one. Things have been really busy around here so there was less time to post and now more things to post about.
The year started out with the arrival of Kaston Parker Carothers. He was just over 5 pounds and SO cute! This is Michael's sister and her husband Ryan's first baby. He was born on the 14th of January.

The adorable family

They blessed Kaston this past weekend and somehow we managed a family picture.

Our little family wasn't so lucky. This picture explaines it all, though. Mikey is constantly on the move and keeping us busy. He's already showing the terrific-ness and terribleness of twos everyday. We love the ups and downs.

Michael's Grandma Stewart passed away on February 15th. We are missing her sweet spirit but are glad she could return to her Valentine's side. She was missing him for almost three years now.

This is a photo of the immediate cousins from the Stewart side.


This is what Mikey got into while I was taking the picture...

Here are the beautiful flowers I recieved from my wonderful husband on Valentines. He also agreed to go to Twilight with me and actually liked it. It was a great day.


My sister, Alyssa visited from Utah for three weeks amidst all of this craziness and turned 21. We loved having her and are glad that she's coming back with my parents next weekend. And no, that's not a beer bottle on the table. She didn't turn that kind of twenty-one.


I've been picking up a few sub days here and there for the high school district I used to work for. It's a nice break from home craziness and also some good extra money. Our families have been graciously watching Mikey. And he loves it. Lizzie is Mikey's best friend. She is the cutest!

I've been lucky enough to spend a lot of time with my sister, too. I LOVE it. We spend so much time with each other that we ran into each other randomly the other day at the grocery store and we were wearing the same shirt. It was too funny. I love both my sisters.

Mikey went to his friend Rodney's second birthday party and it was really fun. You can't tell by the only decent picture I took, but they had fun.

Mikey still enjoys his bath time

Sometimes he won't even take off his shoes...


The little devil

Mikey got to lick the brownie bowl for the first time. I was reluctant to share because now he's hooked. He's worth it though.

Mikey is loving reading more than ever. He is learning new words every day and starting to use sentences.

He loves toy story and all of those Pixar movies.


Somewhere in the last couple months he had his 18 month appointment. He had it a little late and is now 21 months, but at the time he was almost thirty pounds and I can't remember how many inches. He was average for weight and 80% for height. The funniest thing about him is he is now in a size 9 shoe. My little clown. But isn't he adorable?

I'll finish off with some video of Mikey doing sit-ups with is daddy. Of course he was doing it better before the camera went on, but it was funny. He wants to do everything daddy does. He actually does a pretty good push up and slam dunk.


Things will continue to be busy around here and I'll try to keep up on my posts. Our three year anniversary is coming up this week and we're actually celebrating. My family is also coming this weekend. This entry took so long that it was incentive to do it more often to save some time. Next time I may post a belly shot of my quickly growing profile. I'm five months and this pregnancy is flying by! We're looking forward to this new little one. He seems as active as his older brother already and we're curious to see him.

Hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Mikeys blonde hair, and am glad to get an update on what you guys have been up too! Glad you are feeling well, and everything with the pregnancy is going so good.

Cayli said...

I am so glad you decided to post if I hadn't got an email from you I would have wondered if you had gotten lost somewhere. It looks like you have been super busy. I can't believe your sister is already 21 where does the time go?

Jenn said...

Finally!! jk.

Your family is so adorable.

AAErickson said...

It was so good to see you too! I wish we would have done more together while you were so close. Ashley's blog is not private. One of my cousins name is Ashley also and hers is. But Ashley Bowman's is http://bowmansbeach.blogspot.com/.

Liz said...

Fun pictures! Gotta love those two-year-old's.