Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mikey!

Today is Mikey's 2nd birthday!

To say we've had a busy week and Mikey deserved some attention is an understatement. I want to say before anything how grateful I am for all the help I had this week. My parents were here taking Mikey away while we got new carpet in our whole house, taking him to movies and making sure he had a good week. Michael's family had Mikey the first couple days and came in the middle of the night when I found out Riley wasn't waiting to come out. Thank you SO much!


Mikey is such a bright light in our lives and we are so blessed to have this funny little guy! He has been asking for a CARS party for months. I didn't get to do what I wanted with the party and we had to postpone any friends coming over and limit it to family with the addition of Riley, but Mikey seemed to have a good day and I was happy he was happy.


McQueen pinata and cupcakes and cake.



Mikey blew out his own candles.


Our families spoiled Mikey like crazy and we took a bunch of pictures, but he was sitting in front of a window and almost none of them worked out. Thank you everyone for his cool gifts, sorry I didn't document them. Mikey got this bike from his daddy and he hasn't had much time away from it since.

Mikey attempting to break the pinata.

I will tell the birth story of this little guy....

But, not today. Hopefully in the next few days I can post some more pictures of Riley and all the family we've had around. He's doing well. He's on billirubin lights right now because he's jaundice and hopefully those will start helping soon. He is such a calm baby so far, really just sleeps and eats. I know it's a newborn thing, but Mikey never did that, so it's been much appreciated.
Mikey has been a really good big brother...

But we've also had a lot of this....

So when things calm down a little bit, I'll be sure to have Riley's story and a LOT of pictures. For now...
Happy Birthday Mikey!!!!

4 comments:

Cayli said...

You have been a busy little mommy. I would have been nuts by now with all of that going on.

Theurer Clan said...

Kay so I am the worst friend EVER!!!
Congratulations my dear!! He is so gorgeous, as is his mother! I hope you are all doing great and adjusting well. I am going to email you my info I promise. Did you know that if Liddy had been a boy we were going to name him Easton? Ha, small world. I love the full name, Riley was always one of my favs! Way to go my dear friend. I'll call you soon! Love ya! p.s. happy b-day Mikey!

La Vita Bella said...

Wow! I don't think I could have pulled off a b-day party a week after giving birth. Way to go you! Looks like he had fun.

Ashley said...

Oh man, I am sorry that Mikey isn't handling the arrival of a little brother very well. It'll set in soon hopefully. I don't have much good advice because Thomas just ignore Grace, but I've heard they get used to it! I love all the pictures. Happy 2nd birthday MIkey. And I hope you continue to get a good little baby. Can't wait to hear the birth story!