Friday, March 12, 2010

The sun is out! Yay! Even here in sunny So-Cal, it's been blustery and mostly on the cold side. Plus, the kids have been sick, so we wouldn't have made it outside regardless of the weather. Today, I wore flip flops.

(Speaking of flip flops- I love these and got a bunch of flip flops cheap at Target and am planning on making them...)

Anyway...I took the kids outside. Mikey, of course, loved it. Riley, poor kid, wasn't too happy unless I was holding him. This little guy hasn't been exposed to too much in his life. Last summer he was too little and it was too hot to get him outside much, so we just didn't. So here he is, nine months, and this is his first time sitting in the grass. The pictures will show that he didn't like it so he ended up sitting next to the grass. The pictures will also show that I was so busy taking pictures of the child eating a blade of grass that I didn't notice the blood on his finger...that had come from the blood on his lip...that happened I have no idea how.


He sneezes evertime we go outside or even turn on a light








Before you think I'm too bad of a mother, here is a picture of my other son who I do love...he just doesn't sit still as often, especially outside...


Continuing on, Riley has had other firsts this month. He's been pretty boring as far as doing anything for the first nine months of his life. Then all of a sudden in the last couple of weeks, he got his two bottom teeth, he learned how to wave and clap, and he's army crawling like a mad man....or baby. He's growing up so fast. Both the kids are. Believe it or not, I'm already planning their birthday parties because they are coming up so fast, and I have two parties a week apart from each other. I'm going to be needing to plan ahead a lot in the years to come.

Here's our fat baby on our new bedspread...yes I'm redecorating...maybe pictures to follow


Well, we're heading outside again. I LOVE THE SUN!!!

5 comments:

Kelsie said...

those pictures are sooo cute!!! glad you guys have sun...

La Vita Bella said...

Oooh, I love your bedspread and pillows! Very cute. Your boys are so cute and I'm glad they had fun out in the sun. It's supposed to be really nice next week too. I'm so ready for Spring! Isn't the flip flop idea so cute, love it. You'll have to post about it.

Cayli said...

Yay for sun!! I am so jealous, although we are getting warmer. YOur boys are so cute.

Liz said...

Such a fun age for the kiddos', isn't it? Both Molly and Calvin sneeze when they get out in the sun, too! In fact, it's so predictable I can count down for the "blast off". Too funny. I love seeing your cute boys!

Meg said...

I too love the sun! I am so ready for spring here. As always, your boys are adorable!