Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

It has been a really hot fall here in Arizona, and it's finally getting cold and we have turned on our heat! But it felt like fall in our house, especially on Thanksgving day. I have already confessed about my nightmares about burning the dinner, so here is the outcome.

Our table was set and ready to go hours before dinner.

Mikey played in his swing and with his toys while mommy and daddy cooked.


While we weren't cooking we watched football, FRIENDS Thanksgiving episodes and Michael organized his sports cards (he found a Michael Jordan rookie card!) from when he was young.

This was the feast! It's pretty amazing but we didn't burn a thing!

This was the dessert I made. We don't like pumpkin pie in our house so I made a trifle. (FRIENDS fans: I didn't put in beef or potatoes : )It was soooo good. I definitely recommend it. Here's a link to the recipe if you want!


These were Mikey's sweet potatoes!

He was happy, he didn't notice that we had the better food!

Okay, so, the day after Thanksgiving we set up all of our Christmas decorations. I was especially excited for a particular item. Last Christmas when I was pregnant with Mikey I went to Target after Christmas for their amazing sales. I found this huge stocking with stuffed animals and balls in it and I thought it would be so cute for him to play with this year. Yesterday we opened it up and I guess I didn't look closely enough because it was a huge stocking made for a dog. Yep! We let our son play with dog toys. He likes the toys so much that I haven't taken them away yet...

Except for the rope and the tennis ball...that just felt wrong!

Okay, so now I am finally done! Happy Holidays everyone!



1 comments:

Tiffany said...

mikey looks so big and your dinner looks so good! that turkey looks like perfect! i'm glad you had a good week and i'm glad to be back home!