Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Motherhood

Last night as I was rocking Mikey to sleep for hours into the night (I'm trying to get him to sleep through the night without waking up to eat by giving him a pacifier instead), I started thinking of my role as a mother. So often it is a crazy mess of running around trying to get things done around his nap and eating schedule. I start thinking if I am capable of raising this child because I get frustrated and I get tired.

And then my baby smiles at me or laughs at my funny faces. And everything changes.


I may not be super mom but I am learning to be Mikey's mom with his help. I am definitely stronger than I was before I had him. I can survive on three hours of sleep. I can be soaked in pee, poop, spit up, drool and boogers and still be okay. Mikey is teaching me endurance and the true meaning of love because I would do anything for that cute smiling face.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

2 comments:

The Over Family said...

I love this post! Keep up the great work of being a great mom to little nugget. :) Love, Andy

Theurer Clan said...

I have two words for you! YOU'RE WONDERFUL!